Call for Papers
On Friday 16th and Saturday 17th of September, 2022, the Music and/as Process RMA Study Group will be holding their ninth annual conference at the University for the Creative Arts – Farnham campus.
The conference will address interdisciplinary practices and processes, and will include papers, workshops, discussion, a keynote, and a final event sharing some of the works from the two days.
The Study Group invites papers and proposals for installations, audiovisual works, pieces, and works in progress, which involve interdisciplinary practices.
Topics can include, but need not be limited to:
- Audiovisual composition and installation
- Interdisciplinary processes
- Politics of interdisciplinarity
- Processes and practices between music and other discipline(s)
Papers must be 20 minutes, with 10 minutes for Q&A.
Workshop proposals can include completed works, and works in progress. These must be realisable by conference delegates or organised by the presenters themselves.
Workshops must be 30 minutes.
Proposals for performances, screenings or installations must be relevant to the conference theme. Pieces involving performers will be realised by conference delegates or organised by the presenters themselves. Open and fixed duration works will be considered.
The Study Group is unable to guarantee the availability of specific instrumentation or number of performers. Complicated electronic set-ups may also be unfeasible due to logistics.
Proposals must include:
- A short biography (100 words)
- A short proposal/description (250 words)
- Any additional information such as instrumentation, resources and tech requirements for performance and installations.
- Where submissions include audio or video, this should be provided via a link rather than as an attachment.
Please submit proposals to: email@example.com
We will acknowledge receipt of submissions within seven days. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your submissions, please resubmit it, or contact us via social media:
- Facebook: Music and/as Process
- Instagram: @musicprocess
- Twitter: @musicprocess
Deadline for submissions: Sunday 1st May 2022, 23:59 (UTC)
The Study Group aims to communicate its decision for all submissions by Monday 30th May.
The conference will be free of charge to attend but, with regret, the Study Group is unable to provide any form of financial assistance.
Music and/as Process Study Group committee:
- Dr Steve Gisby (Independent composer / researcher)
- Dr Richard Glover (University of Wolverhampton)
- Dr John Hails (Edinburgh Napier University)
- Dr Sophie Stone (Canterbury Christ Church University)
- Maureen Wolloshin (University for the Creative Arts)
- Dr Alistair Zaldua (Independent composer / researcher)